Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Day 338 - COVID-19 2021

Guess what? Snow and cold. Cold and snow. 


We got 17 inches of snow in the latest round. In case you are keeping score, we’ve had nine straight days of measurable snow events.



Grandma and Grandpa had one too, but things didn’t quite work out as they planned. First, they lost power. Second, they failed to check in with Mommy and Auntie Kristin this morning and as a result, Auntie Kristin called the Sheriff to conduct a welfare check. The Sheriff informed Auntie Kristin that the roads were bad, but they’d attempt to check in. The Sheriff did locate Grandma and Grandpa at the neighbors getting a cup of coffee. So good to know they were ok, but not a smart move on Grandma and Grandpa’s part. We were all worried and the whole ordeal took a toll.
First, I was restless. I couldn’t get comfortable.


I wouldn’t lay down. I kept walking laps around the apartment. Finally I ended up under Mommy’s desk - whining.



I still couldn’t settle down, so Mommy held me in her lap for an hour.



Taking these photos didn’t make it any better.

Eventually Mommy moved my bed under her desk and I finally fell asleep.



Grandpa said he’d call tonight, but he didn’t. And, Auntie Kristin called them and no answer. Again, not good. Grandpa did post on  on a social network that power was back on and that they were staying at a friend’s tonight. He also said they did have a pipe burst and they have damage inside the house. Again, not good. 

So, we are safe. Cold, but safe. 





No comments: