Mommy had been prepping me for weeks that we would be moving. But, I really didn't understand what that meant. I mean, the house wasn't looking so good. There was stuff everywhere (and Mommy is a neat freak so it was a surprise).
So, I woke up on Wednesday and Mommy said it was "the day." She took one last picture of me at the house and away I went.
Mommy sent me to day camp and to spend time with Auntie Vicki. I was totally cool with that.
Mommy spent her time managing the move to our new apartment. Daddy helped out a lot (Mommy was grateful). But, Mommy said it was a complete mess. And by the look of the picture below, it was.
Mommy got everything into place by Friday night, just in time to bring me to my new home.
I could tell things were different right away when we pulled into the new garage. There was no longer a bump (like the one at the house) to signal we were home. Then, we went down this ramp and made a few more turns before we parked. It looked different when Mommy opened the door to the car.
She set me on the ground and I was confused about where to go. Mommy said we had to ride the elevator. I didn't know what an elevator was, but it did not sound like something I was going to like.
I didn't like it. It was scary. It was a big box with no windows and it moved. I was so scared I spent much of the time hiding behind Mommy's legs.
When I got off the elevator, I had to walk down a long hall. We finally got to a door that Mommy opened and said "welcome home." It was not home to me. I didn't recognize anything. I spent the next few hours running from the front door to the back door (windows) trying to figure out where I was. The only thing I recognized was my "Grandma Quilt."
Mommy was worried because I just kept pacing back and forth and whining. I wouldn't eat or even go to the bathroom. Mommy finally had to bribe me with cheese to try and calm me down.
I eventually calmed down enough to go to bed. The bed was comfy.
But the moment I woke up, I was back to pacing the floor and whining. So, Mommy thought that taking me for a walk around the new neighborhood would be good. And, it was for a little bit. Things definitely looked different.
But, that didn't help much. So, Mommy thought that we should hang out on our balcony so I could get used to the new surroundings.
I must say I like all the activity. That will certainly keep me occupied!
I finally calmed down a bit late afternoon yesterday.
And then, I got my first visitor. Karla stopped by to see how we were getting along. I was so excited to see her that I kept jumping up on her! I was secretly hoping she would bring me back home (I was still very uncomfortable in my new home).
But, I was on my best behavior for Mommy. Karla liked the new place and thought it was very modern. Mommy gave her a tour of the building including the pool and Bocce Ball court (yes, we have one of those here).
I'm still a little leery of my new place, but as long as I am with Mommy I am sure that I will be just fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment