Monday, June 15, 2015

Road Trip

Mommy and I went on a road trip to Minnesota this past weekend. We went to see Sydney dance in her recital,  but we were able to make a quick trip back to the old neighborhood and see some of our favorite people.

First, I settled in for the long ride (7.5 hours).



It was raining when we left home so it took a long time to get out of Chicago. But I didn't wake up until we stopped for gas.


And Mommy got me breakfast at McDonald's. It wasn't quite time for French Fries, but the hash brown was just as good.



I didn't want to ride in my crate after breakfast so Mommy let me ride in her lap for awhile. Mommy doesn't think it is safe, but I like sleeping in Mommy's lap and seeing all the other cars and scenery.


We finally got to MSP after a few stops for me, but we ran into traffic first. Pretty much the only traffic we got into outside of Chicago.


Mommy was going to let me stay the night with my friends, but Auntie Vicki found out I was in town and intercepted us at Pet Smart.


I got to go home with her and spend the night with her and John. I loved it and think she did too.


Mommy got to have Friday "family dinner" with Karla, Tim and Jack. Just like old times.



Before we left, Mommy took me to see Jack. He showed me his Lego planes. He's getting so big!

After my short visit with Jack, Mommy put me in the car again to drive to Rochester. We were there to see Sydney dance in her recital. She did such a great job Mommy said.




While Mommy was at the recital, I got to stay at Aunt Stacia's house and play with Chloe and her friend Valentine (I fancied Valentine).


Once the dance recital was done, everyone came home and we watched the Blackhawks game. I got to sit on the quilt Grandma made for Aunt Stacia and Uncle David for taking such good care of me last year.

The next day, Mommy spent time shopping with Stacia and Sydney. I got to stay with Uncle David and run around the yard while he mowed it. Such fun.

We came home last night. I slept the whole way,  not waking until we pulled into the parking garage.


Of course, I had to rummage through Mommy's suitcase while she was unpacking it. I love all the different smells.

I had such a good time on our trip. Mommy did too. We are so lucky to have such great friends to take care of us!

No comments: