Monday, May 28, 2012

A Time to Remember

Today is Memorial Day. It is a time to reflect on the sacrifices many have made in order to keep us free. I think Grandpa said it best:

"Friends, to my Father and each of my Uncles... Thanks. Each of these gentle men served the country during WWII and Lynda and I, along with our children enjoy all we have and cherish because of the efforts of these gentle men and millions like them. God Bless Them. In addition, thanks to a very special lady, my aunt Sheila, a Navy Nurse during WWII, without her and the thousands of gentle ladies like her, many of use would not be here because they nursed our fathers back to health."

This day is also special because it means that Mommy and Daddy get to spend one more day with me - more than a normal weekend. I really liked that!

My weekend started with Mommy picking me up from Day Camp on Friday.


I spent much of the day on Saturday at home with Mommy. She had to go into work for a little bit because she is working on a very special project. But, she didn't have to stay long. But she did come back home and spent the rest of the day working. That was OK by me because I got to catch up on my sleep.



Mommy and Daddy spent Sunday working in the yard. After they got done, Mommy spent time on the deck reading her magazines (a favorite summer activity for her).


I wasn't so happy about it...and I kept a very close eye on her.


At one point, I started scratching on the window so that she would come in and take me outside with her. It worked. But, I soon realized why she hadn't brought me outside. It was hot - and humid! I was very uncomfortable and the sun beating down on my pink skin made it worse. So, I was very happy that Mommy brought me back into the house.

She decided to join me and we watched the last 50 laps of the Indy 500. Mommy really likes racing! She seemed happy too with the winner of the race. FYI...we watched more racing last night. Daddy's favorite driver, Kasey Kahne, won!

And now today. Mommy and Daddy spent the afternoon at a BBQ at Bernadette's. Bernadette's friends are in from Australia (for her Birthday next week). Mommy and Daddy enjoyed themselves. But, Mommy is paying the price for sitting out in the sun with no sunscreen. She is very red!


Until next week...



No comments: