Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Hi everyone! I just arrived home from my weekend getaway to my favorite place. I got to play with all of my friends - and I finally got to wish Lacey a Happy Birthday!

Mommy and Daddy went to meet everyone in Daddy's family in Duluth. They told me that dogs weren't allowed at the hotel. But, they were surprised when they arrived (not just because it was 54 degrees outside) because there was a dog show going on at the convention center. So, I could have come after all. Mommy and Daddy went to the dog show and they saw some pretty cool dogs - including another Havanese!







The Havanese placed third in the toy group (Mommy and Daddy thought he should have won).

Anyways, Mommy and Daddy spent the rest of the weekend watching all the kids play in the pool, sightseeing and, of course, shopping. Mommy and Daddy found new artwork for the basement (something they had been looking for a while - so once they get it up, I will share it with you).

Caroline



Daddy and Grace



Sam (and Nathalie too)



Mommy and Daddy toured a place called Glensheen mansion. Daddy says that a famous murder took place there in the late 1970's, but they didn't talk about it
at all on the tour. Mommy said the place was really cool - and it reminded her of the house (at least from the inside) in Waverly.

Mommy and Daddy were able to take some nice pictures outside of the mansion. Some are of Lake Superior - one of the five great lakes. If you look really hard, Mommy says you can see the famous lift bridge in the distance.











Grandpa and Mary Pat



After visiting the mansion, Mommy wanted to get a closer look at the lift bridge. This is pretty cool.





Look at this one. Mommy and Daddy walked under the bridge and a car drove right over them!



Anyways, I am pooped from all of my fun with my friends. Until next time.

1 comment:

SAS said...

Cosmo, you need to watch BEST of SHOW with Mom and Dad! I bet your Mummy really likes this movie. U R adorable.