Today is Momma Mac's 80th Birthday!
The MacDaddy reminded my sister and I today that it has been 16 years since our Mom was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer (not hereditary). We had concerns that she wouldn't celebrate her 70th birthday, let alone her 80th. Not a day goes by that we are not grateful for her medical team.
Kristin and I flew to Texas to surprise Momma Mac ahead of the big day.
But before the surprise, our first stop was at a Texas institution: Whataburger.
We picked up balloons and sweet treats before making the trek to our parents where Momma Mac was definitely surprised to see us. The MacDaddy kept our surprise visit a secret for a few months.
Kristin and I had a few hours each day for a little adventure. We went shopping, of course, and bought a number of matching items (jewelry, clothing, and the like), visited another Texas institution - Buc-ee's - and visited one of Kristin's decor suppliers who has their annual holiday open house the last Saturday in June.
I'll have you note, I had to wait outside in the 100 degree heat to get ribbon at 70% off.
We also got to spend lots of quality time with Momma Mac and the MacDaddy. In fact, it is rare that we are able to watch F1 together - but we were able to watch the 2-days of practice sessions. And, we got the MacDaddy to participate in the filming of Taste Test Tuesday (a series on my Instagram). More to come on that in the future.
Our travel home was uneventful (which is a good thing tis time of year).
The only thing is that the heat we had in Texas has followed us home. So, both Kristin and I are laying low and hydrating until this heat wave breaks on Saturday.

No comments:
Post a Comment