Friday, November 30, 2018

Upset Tummy

I've given Mommy quite a scare this week. I got sick - threw up in fact. I don't get sick and I rarely throw up. Mommy knew something was really wrong because part of my favorite treat came back up. And then, I started having issues with my bowel movements. So much so that Mommy had to take me to the emergency Vet very early in the morning.



I tried to put on a good face for the Vet, but I was pretty tired. My body was working overtime to get the bad stuff out of my Tummy.

My bloodwork was perfect and my Xrays revealed no apparent reason for my upset Tummy. So the Vet felt it was a single episode upset Tummy. I stayed at the Vet for the day though. Mommy wanted to make sure I started to feel better right away. So I got IV fluids and an ultrasound (just to make sure I didnt have a blockage not detected on the X-Ray).

The Vet called Mommy a couple of times during the day and talked about how "I was making eyes at the staff." Mommy knew right away I must be feeling better because what Inwas really doing was flirting with the ladies.

I got to go home later that night. And the best part about having an upset Tummy is that I now have to have a bland diet. Who knew chicken was a bland diet? I love chicken.

Further evidence I was feeling better was my insistence that I watch the chicken being made and waiting for it to cool before I ate it.






No comments: