What a week it's been. I had been sleeping with one of Mommy's Cubs shirts all week. I mean, I didn't want to curse the team by not being loyal.
Mommy continued taking photos of all the Cubs pride in hopes it would spur the team to victory.
And then the big day came. Game 7. Mommy even wore her blue pinstripe shirt and matched her accessories to the Cubs colors.
Mommy and Auntie Rachel found seats at a bar nearby work and made it all the way through the end of the 9th inning. Extra innings and a rain delay? Really?
They couldn't take the stress.
And threw in the towel at the end of the 9th inning. It was going into extra innings. And a rain delay. Really?
Mommy quickly walked home.The rain had just passed in Chicago, leaving it a wet and gloomy night. But, the city continued to show its' Cubs pride.
Once home, Mommy quickly got out of her wet clothes, put on her Cubs onesie, the Cubs jersey Grandpa bought Mommy for her 17th birthday and her Cubs hat. I was not to be forgotten; she quickly put me in my jersey as well.
Then, she turned the TV back on to find that the game was coming out of rain delay. She had made it home to witness history (regardless of the history that would be written).
But in the end, the Cubs would win. All you could hear from the street below were the bar patrons cheering and horns honking.
Mommy called Grandpa Mac to share in the celebration only to learn he didn't know they had won. Yes, Grandpa got frustrated and turned the game off after the 9th inning. He couldn't believe what Mommy was telling him. It was such a cool moment for Grandpa and Mommy to share.
Me, I was immediately ready for bed. It had been 2 weeks of late nights and nervousness. I was ready to go to sleep.
Congratulations to the Chicago Cubs on their World Series title.






No comments:
Post a Comment